15th Caribbean Conference on National Health Financing Initiatives
October 4-7, 2023
The 15th Conference
This year’s Conference will be co-hosted by The University of the West Indies, HEU, Centre for Health Economics (UWI-HEU) and the Hospital Internacional de Colombia-Fundación Cardiovascular de Colombia (HIC-FCV).
As in past Conferences with selected themes, this year’s focus is on ‘Health Financing in the Caribbean: Optimizing Efficiency in Governance and Public-Private Partnerships’.
Particular attention will be centred on the following:
- International, regional and national best practices and lessons with the governance of health financing programmes;
- New trends and regional case studies in public-private partnerships in health and health financing matters;
- Findings from Caribbean applications of the WHO’s Health Financing Progress Matrix (HFPM) evaluation instrument; and
- Health financing resilience—anticipating and staying ahead of challenges and shocks.
As shown on the Conference Programme, we have a well-planned mix of:
- Feature papers, panel discussions and expert commentaries;
- Caribbean and non-Caribbean speakers;
- New and experienced presenters; and
- The full benefits of open one-on-one sharing of insights, experiences and suggestions from participants during and outside Conference hours.
The Conference will be in English.