15th Caribbean Conference on National Health Financing Initiatives
October 4-7, 2023
Bucaramanga, situated in the northeastern part of Colombia within the department of Santander, is a city of moderate size. The city is enveloped by picturesque natural beauty, featuring breathtaking mountains and captivating landscapes. Among its notable attractions is the Chicamocha Canyon, recognized as the world’s second-deepest canyon. Moreover, Bucaramanga boasts a diverse range of experiences and a culinary scene that will surely delight visitors. These factors collectively make it an opportune moment to plan a visit to our city.
Palonegro International Airport, conveniently situated just a 25-minute drive from Bucaramanga, serves as the primary air gateway to the region. Travelers have the option of choosing from six airlines that operate at the airport: Avianca, Latam, Copa, EasyFly, Satena, and Spirit.
For those seeking international connections, flights can be booked through either Panama or Bogotá, allowing for seamless travel to and from Bucaramanga. Upon arrival at the airport, taxi services are readily available to transport passengers to their place of accommodation. The estimated cost for a cab ride typically ranges between 35,000 and 40,000 Colombian Pesos (approximately 11 US Dollars).
Bucaramanga, situated in the northeastern part of Colombia within the department of Santander, is a city of moderate size. It has an altitude reaching 1,000 meters above sea level and an average temperature of 25°C.
- Mobile Applications: You can download reliable and secure transportation apps like Uber, Tappsi, or Easy Taxi to your smartphone for personalized transportation services.
- Cabs: You can request a cab service by calling the following numbers:
- Taxis Libres: (+57) (7) 683 39 83
- Colibri Taxi: (+57) (7) 671 69 99
- Metrolínea: Metrolínea is a mass transit service in the city. You can use this service by purchasing a card at any of the main stations. Plan your trip and find more information at: Metrolínea Trip Planner.
- Buses to FCV: To reach FCV, you can take the P2, P6, or P13 routes to Molino’s station.
- Buses to HIC: If you want to go to HIC, you need to take the P15 route from Palmichal’s station.
The official currency used in Bucaramanga, as well as throughout Colombia, is the Colombian peso (COP). You can easily use Colombian pesos for transactions within the city.
If you need to exchange currency, there are exchange houses available in Bucaramanga where you can convert your foreign currency into Colombian pesos. These exchange houses offer services to facilitate currency exchange.
Bucaramanga is known for having a high middle-class population, which contributes to a diverse range of prices for goods and services. This means that the city offers a variety of options to accommodate different budget levels. Whether you’re looking for affordable options or more upscale experiences, Bucaramanga provides a range of choices to suit various preferences and budgets.
Currency denominations in Bucaramanga: Bills include 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, and 100,000 pesos. Coins include 50, 100, 200, 500, and 1,000 pesos.
For international money transfers, options include Efecty, Western Union, MoneyGram, Giros Bancolombia, and Itau.
Tipping in Bucaramanga is voluntary, although it may be included in the bill. You can choose whether or not to provide an additional tip.
Chiflas: Homemade Food Address: Floridablanca 147-94 Phone: (57)(7) 638 1111
Mercagan: Roast Meats Address: Carrera 25 # 25-71 Cañaveral Phone: (57)(7) 638 8087
El Garaje: Fast Food Address: Street 48 # 33-39 Cabecera
Casalins: Seafood Address: Street 30 # 25-71 Cañaveral
Crepes & Waffles: Varied Food Address: C.C La Florida Phone: (57)(7) 632 1345
Obleas Floridablanca: Cake Shop Address: Carrera 7 # 5-54 Phone: (57)(7) 675 1190 Floridablanca
Cabrón: Colombian Typical Food Address: Street 42 # 35-06 Cabecera Phone: (+57) 302 421 2259
La Puerta del Sol: Santandereana Typical Food Address: Carrera 30 +65-08 Phone: (+57)(7) 643 5077
Zekkei: Asian Food Address: Street 42 # 29-83 Phone: (+57)(7) 6978613
Cure Cuisine: Middle Eastern Food Address: Carrera 36 # 41-42 Cabecera Phone: (+57)(7) 645 0044
- El Cacique Shopping Center: Website: www.caciquecc.com
- La Quinta Shopping Center: Website: www.laquinta.com.co
- Parque Caracolí Shopping Center: Website: www.parquecaracoli.com
- Mega Mall: Website: www.megamall.com.co
- La Florida Shopping Center: Website: www.laflorida.com.co
These are the names of the malls along with their respective websites.